Thursday, August 28, 2008

Words I Hate.

Moist.

I hate the word moist.

The "muh" with the "oy" and "stuh". The combination is not pleasing to my earholes.

I am not a musically gifted person, per say, nor am I really sensitive to audio things. Yet, I have determined---and I don't know why---that this word is like nails on a chalkboard of my mind.

Close runners up:

"Dank". Just sounds harsh......and also reminds me of bat caves with sharp teeth and beady red eyes. I mean, thanks Mr. Bat for eating all the mosquitoes, but I am sure am glad you are out at night when I am not.

Also, Rod. I repeat "Rod". If your name happens to be Rod, sorry if this offends...I have a distant relative whose name is Rod, he is not offended as far as I know. Regardless, the name doesn't really bug as much as the usage of the word rod in a sentence.

The shortness of the word, the abruptness of it. Describing something that might be longer or at least have some size to it, like a rod of steel----you'd think the name/word would be longer.

All three together: Makes me have a meltdown.

What words do you hate?

No comments: