Saturday, August 16, 2008

On Track.

I had a minor victory this morning.

I will be attending my cousin's wedding this afternoon 2-2.5 hours north of here. I was supposed to meet my family at my parents' house at 9:30. The wedding wasn't until 3 and then the supper afterwards at the church. We were going to get my grandfather, who is at his cabin nearby the church, and then go to the ceremony.

Turns out one of my brothers and his wife are driving separately and asked if I wanted to ride with them. Yes. Which means I have an extra 2 hours as I am not meeting them until 11:30.

What I had planned to do was to clean up a bit......just in case we get some sucker to come and look at this place to buy it. And then I was going to lounge a little bit and gear up for the day of drama that is sure to ensue at the wedding.

I got up early so we could have breakfast together as we always do. And then did the math in my head and realized that I would not be home until, most likely, dark. Which means I would probably not get my walk in today. I have walked everyday since I started this blog. I know myself well enough to know that this is how the Militant Freakshow disappears, slowly, unnoticeable in her fade out. A day here, a day there and then suddenly I haven't walked in over two weeks, then two months. I made a commitment to myself that I was going to be healthier and in that plan I included walking every day.

So, I had the time. I got my ipod and just went. Didn't negotiate with myself and now I am back and still have time to clean and straighten up a bit and leisurely get ready for the day. Minor victory, but victory nonetheless.

I do want to mention that I am a bit worried about my focus at the supper. Talking to people and relatives I haven't seen in a while may lead to not paying attention to what I am eating. In addition, there won't be a choice of what I eat. Which could be pretty damaging.

My plan: I am going to bring a snack/lunch/tide me over type deal. Since we will be driving during lunch and then supper isn't until later. I know that when I get really hungry, I don't give a crap what I eat. Poor choices ensue.


I am up for the challenge of the day.

No comments: