Friday, August 29, 2008

Am I Wandering?



I am starting to see the beginnings of "The Abandonment of the Militant Freakshow". (It sounds like a quasi-Renaissance painting.......)

Now, if this is deemed to be true......this, THIS, is the time that I prepared for when I began this blog. My wanderlust begins. I start to feel like I have been eating well, good choices have been made pretty consistently......The thought process: "One poor choice of what to eat or how much won't hurt anything." starts to worm into my brain.

Ah, poor food choices. How I love thee sometimes. Throwing caution to the wind and going back to the salad bar a second time. Rationale: Whatever! It's still a salad.....that's a good choice.

Why, yes, Militant Freakshow, it is. If you get the vegetables, not all the creamy pasta salads.

The poor choices that I confess here, to you, now---they were not necessarily plentiful, but added up, they could be labeled wanderlust from healthy choices....done.

Truth be told, folks: yesterday was the first major flub up that I have really had (And it was on a relatively small scale compared to past mistakes). Since the healthy eating journey began, I have not starved myself, I have not denied myself something I truly wanted, I have not suffered.

In fact, I have been quite proud of myself.

So. Why was yesterday a flubber? (Remember the Judy Blume book, Blubber? Wasn't it about a fat kid....) Well, because I didn't really want the second trip. Really. Even while I was going to get Round Two Plate, I had a conversation with myself, and I knew I didn't really want it. Yet, I continued. And that is why I consider it a poor choice. I ignored myself.

Now, if I was still hungry, and I was craving what I put on my plate then it would have been no big whoop.

There. Having purged myself of this incident here on these pages, I can move on. I already know that I am not going to continue making choices like yesterday because I have written it here. In the past, (Stop me if you've heard this one...) I would have used that as a reason to continue my demise and departure from the healthy living bandwagon.

In fact, if memory serves, at this point I would begin gnawing on one of the Bandwagon's wheels while eyeing a side panel to munch on.

I usually end up eating the whole wagon.

But, no more. Back on track folks. Riding shotgun on the Healthy Living Bandwagon once again. I kind of wish I had a kazoo. Thanks for a trip through my inner psyche. It helped.

1 comment:

Goldfish said...

It's okay, you know. Inner psyches suck. (Will you come to my rescue next time I publicly beat myself up?)