Tuesday, August 12, 2008

You Light Up My Life....



How many people sang along with Debby Boone? Raise your hands. Raise 'em high, don't be embarrassed. I did. At age 7 or 8, when I was belting it out with Ms. Boone, I was pretty much convinced that I had a future as a famous, FAMOUS, singer a la Debs. Oh, and also my first record I owned. A 45. "Queen of Hearts" by Juice Newton. I am surprised my mom didn't banish me as a result of how many times I played it over and OVER.

So.

That didn't work out, mostly due to the fact that I can't sing. Regardless of my crushed dreams and unfulfilled Top 40 destiny.........Debbers had it pretty spot-on describing my feelings for this Ol' Gal below. Some of you have kids, and you know of what I speak. I realize she is a canine, but we don't have kids. Nor do we want them. This mutt daily lights up my life. She is the best Dee Oh Gee in the world. So. Let's meet her.


We bought our house four years ago and promptly got a dog. Sophie. Boxer/Mastiff mix and quite possibly the best dog in the world. I looked it up. She is there, right there, at the top of the list. Since this is my blog, and I am the boss, I get to say things like that. You can try and convince me that your dog is pretty special. While that may be, here are So...There....Then Sophs rules. This is one of the first pictures, above, we ever took of her. Before GarageGate '05, even.



I lied.

THIS is one of the first pictures ever taken and I can tell because she is so skinny and her face is still wary of us. She doesn't know that we are her people yet. Plus, I don't think she was very famous at her old house and no one took a ton of pictures of her, like I do. So, I think the red eye flash thingamabopper freaked her s*** out.


We have estimated her to be 14 years old...that's like 98 in dog years. So. She sleeps. A lot. When she is really zonked out, her tongue doesn't stay in her mouth and it just slays me. I love this dog.

You can tell she has decided to let us be her people. When she is not putting me on lock down by following me around everywhere, she can be found on the local couch. Excuse me, her couch. Sleeping. Frequently, dreaming. Doing the dog Running Man dreaming and occasionally talking in her sleep.


I wish she could go on walks with me. I would take her all over. But she is an ol' gal and will just turn around when she is done with the whole walk thing. Usually after she has done her business and gotten caught up on her p-mail sniffing. Even doing nothing, she still lights up my life. Gol dang. She is the best dog in the world. So.

No comments: