Friday, September 12, 2008

What Do You Daydream About?



Me?

The different ways that I WILL spend the PowerBall when I win it. This takes up a large portion of my walking time, my drive time, occasionally during class when the students are watching a video or working in groups, falling asleep, when I wake up and am lounging in bed, car trips, plane rides, probably in church if I ever went (that could be helpful, yes??)....pretty much a lot of the time.

It is fun. I don't daydream to escape my life; I love my life and where I am at. I do it because that is my personality; I have always daydreamed....pretending I am in a movie (What would the soundtrack be playing right now if this were really a scene? Things like that.), practicing speeches if I were to become President, playing "What If..." constantly. Things like that. I have had the same theme for about 5 years and kept telling myself that "When I win the PowerBall, I will be able to do just that." Then, last spring, things were set into motion that would begin to make that dream a possibility without having to win the PowerBall. It might take a little longer, but it can still happen. I didn't realize the power in that. Truly.

Seriously. I don't know that I have ever dreamt as much about something like this idea before in my life. Not whom I would someday marry, not what my wedding dress would look like, not what I would be when I grew up. And now.......it is actually coming to fruition.
It is scary. (What if it bombs? What if no one "gets" it?)
And powerful. (I helped make this happen...the kernel, the nugget of the idea was my doing. Not the whole thing, mind you. There is no way I could have set the wheels in motion on my own. I know exactly zero on starting this kind of endeavor.)
And inspiring. (What the hell else have I not been doing that I can just up and "do"?)
And mature (Wait. I can just have an idea and I can make it happen somehow? I don't have to ask permission?-----yes, I am 38, what about it? I still feel like a kid sometimes and I think that is a good thing. Young at heart, baby, young at heart.)
And passionate. ( I never would have even come close to persevering if it were something about which I was not this passionate. I would like to think that I would run with a good idea, but the truth is, I would have blown it off long ago.)

I am not quite ready to share "THE" Powerball idea, but I am just damn excited the meter is on. I'll keep you all posted.

1 comment:

Goldfish said...

Seriously, I'm dying to know what your Powerball is!!! And, yeah, I'm a daydreamer. Nothing specific enough to make me rich... but I guess that's what my husband's for. (joking. kinda.)