Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another Milestone?



We heard back from the lookers. Seems they are looking elsewhere. And that is about all I have to say about that.

As of last night, Sophie, seen here in this updated photo:
...has stopped using the door that she always uses. She has been having trouble getting up the stairs. No more power from her back legs has been a reality for a while...she quit sleeping upstairs on the second floor sometime around Christmas-ish, was it? So. She now uses the proper front door through the porch as there is only one low step. No longer will she have to battle the 3 big cement steps at the side door.

I have mixed feelings about this, I guess. While I am glad I will not have to worry about her falling and hurting herself, or watch her fall or try and help up her back end while holding the screen door open like some Cirque du Soleil contortionist....it hurts a little tiny bit.

It's one more thing that she can't do. When the people came to look at the house this weekend and were a little bit early, they both commented individually at different times to the effect of: "Is she sick?"

Nope. She just moves that slowly and deliberately. I don't like to think about the next couple "milestones" too much. But, being realistic things that are unpleasant eventually happen. I get that. I know it is coming. We have had multiple conversations about when it does and the best way to view it (And that really helps to remind myself of when I get a bummed out perspective) is this: We rescued her when she was 9-ish. That was 4 years ago. Do we love her the best we can? Yep. Have we done everything thing we can to make the end off her years comfortable and happy? Check.

Done and done.

And to end on a note that is not as depressing as this post: She is laying next to me and about five seconds ago ripped ass audibly for an extended "gas bomber" of about...wait for it...no joke: 5 seconds. Count to 5. I think we can all agree that that is a friggin long time to expelling some air. ----------And now the perfume. Thanks, Soph.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I love Sophie and her toots.

Goldfish said...

Wow. Five seconds.... In all seriousness, though, what a sweet post.