Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lists.

Some people have a security blanket. Some people have a talisman. I have lists.

I love to make lists. I have been known to put things on them that I have already done that day; such things, that had I started the list earlier, would have been on said list. 

So. So what? They count. Yuh- huh, they do so. 

I have purchased special mini-mini legal pads specifically for lists. I have specific pens I liked to use or really sharp pencils. I KNOW I am a freakshow about this; I don't care. I like lists. I like trying to figure out how much I can get done in a day (Have rarely succeeded to this date), I love, LOVE, El-Oh-Vee-Eee checking things off (Although I don't check them off. I cross them out with a thin line sometimes so I can still read what I did. Sometimes I cross them out so you CAN'T read what I did at all. A Blackout Bingo approach. Very satisfying.).

Sadly, I often have multiple list going at once. It drives some people in this house crazy, I know this, but I can't seem to stop making new lists. It is a fresh start, a new page...a new list of things to do. Eventually, I do finish a list either by completing everything or transferring the last or last couple things to a new or previous list. There are at present, three lists in rotation in my world.

My grocery list. Begun earlier...in fact, upon returning from the last trip to the grocery store. They didn't have the kind of soup we wanted, so I started the next list and put that on it first. I add to it as the week goes and we finish staples or supplies.

My getting the house read to put on the market list.
This one is almost done; just a few loose ends. Yes, we put the house on the market two months ago, but I can still have a list about this. I checked the rule book.

My To-Do list for today. I actually did not "write" this one. I found a new tool. This has amped up my freakshow level quite a bit if I continue to use this on a regular basis. For now, I was just playing around with it. I downloaded Firefox to our Mac today; it has been a little slow with the Safari Browser and I was hoping this might change it. So. On the Getting Started page they had a link. I clicked. The skies opened up, people, and the Angel Choirs sang. Click Here.

Did the choirs sing for you? The Alleluia chorus? A website devoted to list making. And you can send them to your phone and get reminders and you can send them to your calendars (If you use them; which I would if I could be organized about it) and you can send them to your Blackberrys.......which I don't have. But if I win the lottery, I will buy one and I will need one because I will have lots of money to do lots of things with and I will need a lot of lists. Oh my. I need a second.


Let's just say I like lists and leave it at that, shall we?

No comments: