Wednesday, September 17, 2008

If I Were a Melon..

How sweet would this be? If I were a melon, this is how I would want it to play out. Hanging around, in my hammock, soaking up some rays, getting all fat and juicy. No dirt napping for moi. I love the idea of trellising melons (if you are dyslexic and transpose the "m" and the "l", you get lemons. How fun is that?). Watermelon is my favorite fruit. I might have to try this in my garden next year. I am hoping to be in our next house by planting season, cross your fingers, K? I have big plans. My first successful year with tomatoes has motivated me more than I thought it would. The canning/freezing trend is one I see continuing at our house. I'd like to branch out and am truly considering seed catalogs this winter to peruse in the snowy tundra of Minnesota. I shall read them and pine for spring. But for right now, it is 7:05 pm and still 74 degrees....it is absolutely beautiful out. Later.

No comments: