Monday, September 1, 2008

Mannequins Ook Me Out.



Do you get ooked out by mannequins? I totally do. I am not afraid of them or anything; I just really get sort of off balance around them. Madame Trussaud's does not sound like anyplace I would want to be. All corpse-y, waxy, looking-frozen-in-time-not-quite-right wax figures.

No thanks.

Historical displays like at museums that have life size beings to make it more realistic also ook me out. Their wigs or hairpieces are all just a little off and make me think of a mouse's nest.

At the Civic Fest '08 this past weekend, there was this:
FDR in his special car made with a ramp and space for his wheelchair. (How cool is the wicker wheelchair?!?!)

But the fake FDR? Couldn't look at it. I took the picture really super fast and didn't really worry about composition, lighting, aperture, etc

Wait.

I never worry about that stuff anyway.

No comments: