Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Underground city: Kaymakli

Yep. You read it right....city under the ground. Seven stories with kitchens, churches, stables, air ventilation shafts, housing units, stone wheel doors....it is always a crowd pleaser---unless you are claustrophobic.

The peeps of the early Christian times were not large. Plus, if you are carving out all the rooms and shafts and connecting tunnels, you aren't going to want to do anything extra, right?

I like it a lot but a couple of of group members elected not to join us because once you go down, there Isis no going back.

I am going to post some pictures but consider yourself forewarned, they are crappy. The lighting was not great and the space was too small for a flash.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey thats me! Looking like I'm paying so much attention to Orhan...I was probably just playing the part. :)