Monday, July 16, 2012

Troy. Sorry, but You Disappoint.

So.....I like me some Greek mythology, some Greek tragedy, some Greek drama----let us be sincere----any drama. But the archeological site of Troy.....a little not what you would expect.

The ruins are there, but there is no Trojan horse---Correction: Capital T, Capital H---or at least there wasn't until the 1970s when I think the Turks pretty much got sick of people constantly asking, "Where is the flipping' horse?"

Easy fix. Build one. To give you a sense of scale, an adult head fits in an upper window. There is no way an army can fit into that horsey.....wait.

I guess I don't really even know the story of Troy, So I should probably dial back the judgeassaince.

Was the point of the Trojan Horse to sneak an ENTIRE ARMY into Troy or just an.....advance team, if you will?

Because if it was just an advance team, then the picture shows a good replica. You could maybe fit 10-15 Navy Seal type guys, done and done.

However, if the point is to get the whole stinking' army of hundreds in......Epic Fail.

No comments: