Thursday, July 12, 2012

Full On Day of Meetings.

A long morning of school visits both private and public. The private school was established in 1863 for fatherless students who showed potential. Impressively, today they continue to crank out (no longer responsible shopkeepers for the Grand Bazaar) good students who now go to college.

That in and of itself is not necessarily impressive, but the fact that the school not only provides scholarships for all its students grade 4 to 12 who live at the school but also if/when these students go to college for their bachelor degree but ALSO for a master's degree as well.

The afternoon was spent at the Turkish Cultural Foundation offices for speaker after speaker from various NGOs that deal with children or education. We then got to go out and about to whet our whistles for tomorrow and a full day of sight seeing.

The Blue Mosque in the picture is one we will not be going into unless I decide to go back during free time on Saturday.....I haven't decided if I am going to or go to the Turkish Baths.

I have a couple more pictures to share, but I don't know how to move them around on my blogger iPhone app, so I will just make separate posts.

No comments: