Monday, February 23, 2009

Color and More Color. And Santa M&Ms. Weird.

So. To celebrate my birthday in the traditional style, my mom and I went for a walk at the Arboretuem. 3 miles. In 16 degree weather. It was fun. No, really, it was. It was brisk and invigorating. I feel like you might not be totally believing me, but I lie not. It really went fast as we had not walked there for over a week and we gabbed the whole time. It was the perfect activity. And, bonus. They had an orchid display inside the building. So color. And more color. I do not crave color as I had two days prior.

A burst to be sure.

This one I just liked for the stripey-stripes. It is not a wow-your-socks-off-with-the-color but it still has impact. It looks like it has swollen adenoids, doesn't it? Or is it just me that see that bloating?

This makes me simultaneously think of Fruit Strip gum and a tropical fruit that smells like feet. Is that bad? If we can't be honest, what do we have?

I've always like pink and yellow together.


This one just scares me. It like it might be the signature flower of a Disney evil nemesis. A nemesis named Pantagrela....And she flies. and this is her signature flower.

Do you see the yellow M & M character disguised, or trying to be disguised, with his green shades and Santa beard? Maybe going down the water slide or else doing the marimba? Is it only me that sees it? Does something happen to your brain when you turn 39?

2 comments:

Goldfish said...

Wait a second... was that "39" comment directed toward me??? These flowers are gorgeous.

Sara said...

I see it! (The M&M)