Tuesday, November 4, 2008

No TV?!!? How Are You Going to Watch the Election Results?!?!

I voted. I did my civic duty and carried out an important responsibility I have as a citizen of this nation. I am not being a social studies teacher nerd when I say that it makes me really proud to be able to do so; it is a privilege that we often take for granted.

I can get frustrated with the media coverage. I like the suspense. I like the intrigue.......fine---I.....like....the.....drama. I don't want to know who the predicted leader/next president is after 1% of the precincts reporting. How can they already be coloring in the little states different colors? I know, I know, I get the mathematics of it all, it is just.....come on, people. Can we just dial it back a little bit on the Freakshow-ness of it all???

I get that people are jazzed about this election; I understand that people are passionate about it all. Maybe because I am not as sure as everyone else is appearing that I can't get all amped up. Don't get me wrong, I love a good freak out as much as the next gal.

I just would like there to be a little more drama on this night. But that is just me.

1 comment:

Goldfish said...

Most years, I agree with you. This year I was wayyyy too stressed. I plopped down right in front of CNN (stupid holographic interviews and dorky graphics and all) and let them spoonfeed me. I don't think I would have survived otherwise.