Sunday, June 17, 2012

Assisi

Sunday evening passigiata. One thing I has always loved about Italy is the Sunday ritual of walking around to meet and greet the friends....I am guessing these guys hang out every day---not just Sunday----and they have for many years. At least.....that is the story in my head.

I miss my boys, but Aschila, laying there in front, gave me a puppy fix. She is 10 and gives really sweet hand kisses.

Assisi was was wonderful visit...medieval town with narrower passages built up on the hill. Again, it wasn't really what I expected. I don't know what I expected but I liked it even more than than I anticipated.

Maybe it has something to do with how much I love Italy in general; I already have a background, underlying love of almost everything. So when I see somewhere or something new and I like it, it gives me a little jazz.

Or maybe it is reconfirming with each novel experience, that I do really love this country quite a bit. I know I won't, and don't, like everything about Italy, but it is a good feeling to not be disappointed by something that holds such a special place in my heart.

No comments: