Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dunk Tank Update.

It. Wasn't. That. Bad.

Mostly, well all, because they heated up the water. They ran a hose from the school kitchen, hot water tap on full blast, and filled that puppy up. (Tax dollars at work, folks. I certainly am not complaining in this case, mind you.) That first dunking was like a warm bath by the time it was my turn. The second, however, was much more pleasant. MUCH. Because.......once you are wet, then the cold air isn't so pleasant. Really, not at all, if I must be completely honest. But there were so many kids that were hell bent on dunking a teacher that I spent most of my turn IN the water rather than perched above it. Which was rather nice.

Although I think cheaterpants who pretend to be coming up to pick up the thrown balls and really they are there to hit the seat release lever with their hand should get in trouble. Really big trouble. I'm not talking expulsion here, but a very firm talking to by someone. Who isn't dripping wet. Being dripping wet just makes said student giggle with glee. There was no chagrin, no remorse, no regret. Just giggling. Gleefully. Maybe even in the neighborhood or a cackle or two.

1 comment:

Ali said...

How did this scenario come up? I think I can guess...maybe, just maybe, you ran into a colleague's room and said "hey, let's sign up for the dunk tank". Said colleague, naive as all get out, probably said "yes" because she/he trusts you with his/her life. Then, she/he and you got really, really cold. End. of. story.