Thursday, October 16, 2008

Weekday Morning.

This is the kind of fall morning I love. A little bit of frost in the front lawn in lower areas, the lake calm, still, a couple ducks resting momentarily....the trees across the lake changing, crisp air (it was 36 at this point: 8 am) bright sunshine, leaves on the still green grass. And I don't have to go to work on a school day. I love that.

I can do puttery stuff that doesn't relate to school. As it should be on a no school day. I am drying hot peppers from the garden (different than roasting; a post is coming on that.), I pickled eggs, I made a farm breakfast for us, I cleaned out my cabinet of cookbooks. I went through and organized all the recipes I had in a three ring binder: got rid of the ones that I know I will never use, have used and didn't like, bothered me because they were old Weight Watchers recipes and didn't taste good (There are some really good ones that I have kept) and put them into categories. Then, all the annoying loose recipes, magazine pages and cards from friends that were all crazy unorganized were put into the binder as well. I found four recipes that I thought I lost.

This kind of activity is as satisfying as making lists and crossing things off them. I am preparing the nest for winter. I sure love fall.

No comments: