Saturday, July 31, 2010

To continue...

Here is the list I started yesterday. (To recap, I started making a list of all the things I would like to do, maybe not so much with the expectation that I achieve all ofthem, but who knows, right?)

1. learn how to twirl a baton
2. go a national park
3. make beef bourguignon
4. knit a sweater
5. publish something
6. go to Italy with my husband
7. successfully train a dog to come when called
8. espalier a fruit tree or two
9. connect and use a rain barrel
10. re upholster some sort of furniture
11. go to Scotland with my mother in law
12. grow potatoes
13. See Led Zeppelin should they ever reunite
14. get a pair of custom made shoes
15. go to Montreal
16. learn how to make chocolate
17. build our own house
18. learn how to make ricotta cheese
19. Learn how to make a hard cheese
20. make all Christmas presents one year
21. slow dance with my husband and not try to lead
22. go to Africa
23. sail
24. do the splits
25. take a spur of the moment plane trip to wherever is cheapest one weekend
26. learn how to make soap
27. watch an Alfred Hitchcock film
28. go to Napa Valley
29. go to Paris again...with my husband, without 40 high school kids
30. live in Italy with my husband for at least 6 months

On my walk this morning, I thought of a couple more:

31. go to an opera
32. make a souffle
33. go dogsledding
34. climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
35. learn how to tie five useful knots
36. learn how to belly dance
37. go to New England

I'll keep adding as I think of them---what are the first five things, in no particular order, that you would put on a similar list??

2 comments:

Ali said...

I'm hooked.

And, I'm making a list from your list of the things that I'd like to do with you.

Can you train my dog to come too?

Rachel C said...

I can help you with number 1 for sure and probably number 3--I just need to find a recipe for it.